It’s no question that if the conversion rate for your Ecommerce store is higher, you’ll generate more sales. What’s more difficult to answer, however, is what variables influence a conversion rate.
If you’re trying to optimize the conversion rate of your Ecommerce store, it’s a good idea to gather some data points to understand the process in more detail. While the average conversion rate of an Ecommerse store overall is about 2-3%, there are 5 key variables that influence your conversion rate:
- Your Industry – The industry with the highest conversion rate is arts and crafts at, with a 4% conversion rate. The lowest converting industry is baby and child, which has a 0.7% conversion rate. Big difference, right?
- Your Product – The product you sell in your industry also influences your conversion rate. Food and drink products convert at 3.6% on average, while furniture stores convert at 0.7%.
- Your Country – Some countries are more ready to spend money online than others. Germany has the highest conversion rate of 2.2%, while Italy has the lowest at 1%.
- Your Traffic Source – Where your traffic comes from can have a big impact on your conversion rate. Referral and email traffic convert the highest at 5.4% and 5.2% respectively. Cold traffic sources such as that from social media convert at 0.7%.
- The Device – Users on smartphones are less likely to convert than those on desktop. Smartphone users convert at 1.8%, while desktop users convert at 3.9%.
For a deeper dive into the data points listed above, as well as step-by-step instructions on how to improve your conversion rate, check out the infographic below!
Infographic Source: https://endertech.com/blog/average-ecommerce-conversion-rate